FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join as a summer intern and possibly a core team member after the internship ends. We are currently based in Boston, MA in the Back Bay area. An ideal candidate would work on site at least part-time. We are looking for someone who fits with our small team and can function well with a lot of autonomy. We want the candidate to be excited about the future of health and fitness and about creating a unique hardware-software experience.
We are an early stage company developing smart clothing with integrated bio-sensors that wirelessly connect to mobile software applications. Applications include fitness and health monitoring, athletic performance assessment, and coaching.
Monitoring breathing and movement has been difficult and not user friendly in the past. Bulky camera systems and face masks are the standard. We have solved this problem by developing soft sensors integrated into garments to measure breathing, heart rate, and motion. Signal processing and biomedical analysis of sensor data provide users with clinical-grade information about their health, fitness, and progress. Our sensors are comfortable, machine washable, and invisible. The Tyme Wear shirt pairs wirelessly with a mobile device to upload data where it can be visualized, analyzed or shared.
The ideal candidate would have experience developing web platforms, both back-end and front-end.
- Design, build, and maintain the developed platforms
- Develop audit capabilities within the applications to track usage and access control
- Develop interfaces between internal and external applications like iOS/Android mobile applications
- Ensure design supports quality and scalability
- Keep the development documentation, including reviews, test plans, and release notes, up to date
- Be comfortable wearing multiple hats and work well within a multidisciplinary team
- Bachelor’s degree (or a rising college senior) in Computer Science or related field
- AWS EC2, AWS S3, Elastic BeanStalk
- SQL databases
- Algorithms integration
- Experience with GitHub
Nice to have
- Master’s candidate in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with Flutter for iOS and Android development
- Familiarity with Google Analytics or similar
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org