- TymeWear User Guide
- Startup Guides
- Connect your external devices
- Startup Guides
- Using Tyme Wear Data
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recent Product Updates
- Tyme Wear Links
Connect your external devices
No matter what device you use to measure your other metrics there is a way to sync your data with Tyme Wear. Below is a list of the methods devices can be synced up with your Tyme Wear workout and threshold test data.
Apple Watches support the Tyme Wear app. Add the app to your watch from the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and collect your HR and GPS directly from your wrist to the Tyme Wear app.
Platform integrations are currently only available with Garmin Connect. This makes syncing up data easy and automatic. Simply connect your Garmin Connect account to Tyme Wear through the Tyme Wear app onboarding or in your Profile section on the Tyme Wear dashboard and all your data will be synced up automatically. There are more automatic integrations coming soon!
Tracking devices that broadcast data through Bluetooth can be connected to the Tyme Wear app. Whether it’s a HR monitor, a bike trainer or a foot pod, most of your devices will have the functionality to broadcast their data through Bluetooth. The Tyme Wear app can connect to these devices and directly pull in your data, syncing it with our breathing data. On the Tyme Wear app go into the External Devices section in the Menu bar and search for your device. Once connected, your data will show up in the app and will be collected in your Tyme Wear activity file.
Are you having trouble connecting your device to Tyme Wear?
- Step 1: Make sure your device’s Bluetooth broadcasting is turned on. This is how Tyme Wear is able to pick up the data signal.
- Step 2: Make sure that the device isn’t connected to any other devices. Some devices can connect to more than one at a time but others can’t. If your device can only have one active connection it’s important to disconnect all other connections before connecting to the Tyme Wear app.
Training/Coaching platforms offer a manual but simple way to sync your data. From a platform such as Zwift, TrainerRoad, Wahoo, Strava, TrainingPeaks, Coros, Polar, Stryd, and many more, you can export a .fit file with your workout data. Then you can drop that file onto the matching activity on the Tyme Wear dashboard.
How to upload a .fit file to the Tyme Wear dashboard
You can link your fit files on the Tyme Wear Dashboard. Log in with your credentials from the app and then click on the activity you want to add the file to.
- On the right of “3rd party activities” click the plus button which creates an Unnamed 3rd party activity line.
- Click the upload button and select the fit file to upload.
- You might have to refresh the website to see the data.
Specific device instructions
- Zwift If you’d rather prefer to stream your data to Zwift and then sync up with Tyme Wear after you workout you can export a .fit file from Zwift and upload it to your workout on the Tyme Wear dashboard.
- TrainerRoad The same goes for TrainerRoad as for Zwift, simply export a .fit file and sync up the data on the Tyme Wear dashboard.
- Strava Data that has been synced up in Strava can be exported as a .fit file and synced up afterwards to the Tyme Wear dashboard.
- Garmin Connect Sync your accounts in the Tyme Wear app onboarding or in your “Profile” section on the Tyme Wear dashboard.
- Garmin bike computerSimply link your Garmin Connect account to Tyme Wear through our app.
- Bike Trainer - You can connect to your bike trainer in the Tyme Wear app to stream the power data directly into the workout file.
- Power PedalsYou can connect to your power pedals in the Tyme Wear app to stream the power data directly into the workout file.
- Apple WatchGet the Tyme Wear app on your watch and collect your HR data directly from there.
- Garmin watchConnect to the Tyme Wear app or use the Garmin Connect connection to Tyme Wear to sync up automatically after your workout.
- Coros A Coros watch can be connected to the Tyme Wear app or synced up afterwards by downloading a .fit file from Wahoo and uploading it to the Tyme Wear dashboard.
- Polar A polar watch or HR strap can be connected to the Tyme Wear app or synced up afterwards by downloading a .fit file from Polar and uploading it to the Tyme Wear dashboard.
- Wahoo A Wahoo HR strap can be connected to the Tyme Wear app or synced up afterwards by downloading a .fit file from Wahoo and uploading it to the Tyme Wear dashboard.
- Stryd PodA Stryd pod can be connected to the Tyme Wear app or synced up afterwards by downloading a .fit file from Stryd and uploading it to the Tyme Wear dashboard.
- Peloton Peloton is tricky. They don’t allow for direct export of their data. You can follow the threshold test protocol on your Peloton but exporting the data isn’t available directly from their platform. There are some options of 3rd party apps that can export the Peloton data for you and devices such as aF DFC Data Broadcaster that allow you to stream the Peloton power data to the Tyme Wear app.